Application Process: Please send your CV to email@example.com before the application deadline. These will be reviewed internally, with an interview arranged soon after.
Closing date: 18/05/2018
LettUs Grow® is a Bristol based start-up designing irrigation and control technology for vertical farms. Our mission is to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce, by enabling anyone to grow delicious food near its point of consumption.
At LettUs Grow®, our small but diverse team of engineers and horticulturists collaborate to design the next generation of technology for the vertical farming industry. Since foundation in 2015, the company has been developing an industry-leading aeroponic system, with integrated control software, to increase crop yields, reduce farm operating costs and make farmers’ lives easier. We are now entering an exciting period of business growth, establishing larger scale trials and beginning sales to vertical farms around the UK, and are looking for passionate team members to join us on this journey.
As an Ultrasonic Engineer at LettUs Grow you will work within our Engineering team and report directly to our Chief Technical Officer. In your role, you will be responsible for technical R&D alongside development of specific areas of our hardware product.
You can expect to be working alongside our diverse team of horticulturalists, engineers and commercial growers to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology.
- Conducting R&D into aerosol interaction with plant roots
- Engineering R&D into new generations of aeroponic hardware and software
- Development of hardware subsystems. Moving through the following stages:
- Source suppliers
- Design for manufacture
- Working with external consultancies for manufacture where required
- Working with on other design projects as required
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BEng or MEng engineering degree, or related study
- Experience working with ultrasonic generation of aerosols
- Industrial experience working as a design engineer
- Mechanical or systems design engineering
- Experience using FEA
- Clear examples of models built & understanding of inputs
- Experience using an industry standard CAD package
- Experience working within multidisciplinary design teams
Desirable skills and experience:
- Electronics design experience
The position is full time in central Bristol and will benefit from training and external mentoring. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme. We encourage a good work-life balance, with flexible working hours and 25 days’ holiday per year. LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.