Application Process: Please send your CV, alongside a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. These will be reviewed by our assessment panel, with an interview arranged soon after.
Closing date: 11/05/2018
LettUs Grow® is a Bristol based start-up designing irrigation and control technology for vertical farms. Our mission is to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce, by enabling anyone to grow delicious food near its point of consumption.
At LettUs Grow®, our small but diverse team of engineers and horticulturists collaborate to design the next generation of technology for the vertical farming industry. Since foundation in 2015, the company has been developing an industry-leading aeroponic system, with integrated control software, to increase crop yields, reduce farm operating costs and make farmers’ lives easier. We are now entering an exciting period of business growth, establishing larger scale trials and beginning sales to vertical farms around the UK, and are looking for passionate team members to join us on this journey.
As a General Engineering Intern at LettUs Grow you will work within our Engineering team and report directly to our Chief Technical Officer. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering test equipment for our in-house team of researchers and farmers as well as assisting product development and farm design.
You can expect to be working alongside our diverse team of horticulturalists, engineers and commercial growers to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology.
- Design and build of test equipment
- Assist product development
- Assist in facility design
- Conduct R&D
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Currently studying for a degree or industrial experience in Electronic, Mechanical or Systems Engineering, or similar
- Mechanical design engineering experience
- Practical, hands-on engineering experience
- Experience in electronic prototyping, using development boards such as Arduino
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience designing or working in a factory setting
- Experience in automation/warehouse automation systems
- Site engineering experience
The position is fixed term, with negotiable length of 3 or 12 months, in central Bristol and will benefit from training and external mentoring. Salary will be competitive to match experience. We encourage a good work-life balance, with flexible working hours and 25 days’ holiday per year. LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.